Your Assignment: Client Interviewing
1. Practice Objectives
• Try the skills that you have learned in the course in combination with your own existing relationship-building skills.
• Be aware of your listening style and challenge yourself to understand your client’s needs.
• Get comfortable working with personal, confidential information.
• Become fluent at answering questions about hypnosis.
• Practice using the forms in the toolkit.
• Gather constructive feedback from your practice subject about your style.
In this activity you will use the Health History Questionnaire and the First Meeting Checklist to interview a client who has come to you for assistance. Please ask your practice partner to think of a reason they are coming in for hypnosis. Some examples: feeling depressed, trouble sleeping, recent trauma, wants increased confidence, etc.
• Focus on being yourself.
• Use a new Health History Questionnaire for each client.
• Use the First Meeting Quick Reference with each client.
• Ask your practice partner for feedback on how they felt
3. What you will need.
• A partner to practice with, preferably someone that is comfortable giving you feedback
• This instruction sheet
• Health History Questionnaire
• First Meeting Quick Reference
...and a pen and paper
Everything you need is in the Hypno Toolkit - you can download it here.
4. The Experience You Bring
Before conducting your client interview, take a moment to think about what occasions you may have had in the past, or in other roles currently, that are similar to the kind of role you will play working with a client in the client interview.
What kind of skills can you draw on from your existing experience?
Think also about how it may be different and what patterns or behaviours that were suitable to the other role that might not apply here.
Use the response field below to note down your answers.