Your Assignment: Self-Hypnosis
1. Practice Objectives
• To gain experience with visualization, manifestation and acquisition techniques that you can use to create positive change in your life.
• Learn to use self-hypnosis so you can benefit from it and teach your clients to use it.
• Test out your Self-Hypnosis method and script by practicing it daily.
• Observe the changes that the self-hypnosis has created in your life.
• Decide on something you would like to change or bring into your life.
• Using all ten suggestions below, create a vision of what you want to bring into your life. Listing all of the details on a piece of paper will help you get clarity, but for this exercise you do not need to write a script.
• Once you have created this vision, follow the instructions on the Self-Hypnosis Induction and Exit Script
1. Assess and decide - What do I really want?
Thinking you want a new house is not enough. How big is it, where is it, what shape is it, do you own it, do you rent it, what colour is the outside, does it have a garden or a driveway?
2. Visualize it, feel it, taste it, touch it, etc.
Remember to include all the senses. How does it feel when you stand before it or inside of it?
What does the sun feel like as it comes through the window of your favourite room?
When you run your hand over the front door, what do you notice?
What sounds are in and around your new home?
What emotion do you feel?
3. Time frame it – say “on or before” or see something that indicates dates.
Perhaps there is a calendar on the wall so you can see the date.
4. Internalize it - feel it with everything you have; emotions are vital!
Every breath you take during this self-hypnosis will be filled with emotions and feelings.
5. Make it for the benefit of all - You want everyone to win without a cost to anyone.
Remember that you don’t want a new home because someone died and left you money. Just accept that you have a new home and don’t wonder how you got it.
6. Imagine how you will feel when the results manifest.
Believe you already have it and live there.
7. Be proactive – Continue to work at it.
After your self-hypnosis exercise, continue to look at houses, do things that will make this visualization possible.
8. Fake it ‘till you make it.
You’ll see it when you believe it! So begin to believe it exists.
9. Keep a positive attitude and your energy vibration high.
10. Accept that it is coming back to you.
3. What you will need
You will need:
• The clear visualization that you have created, ready in your mind, to sense or experience.
• Self-Hypnosis Exercise Script (below). You may have to open your eyes, at times to look at the steps until you have practiced enough that it becomes habit.
• A quiet place where you will not be disturbed for 7 minutes (or longer if you choose).
4. Self Hypnosis Exercise Script
Close your eyes. Begin to focus on your breathing - Think about the air going into your lungs feeling cool from the outside air. As it hits your lungs, it warms up so when you are exhaling you are feeling the warm air going out.
In cool air………….Out warm………….. In cool…………….Out warm………………. (Repeat several times.)
Focus on loosening your eyes and when you know you absolutely cannot open them, give them a try- stop trying and look down at your toes and feel the wave of deepening.
Desensitize yourself to sounds around you.
Center yourself (deepener). In and out of your body, all six directions. You can do this quite quickly.
Count from 5 down to 1 saying “deeper down” slowly after each number and feeling the sensation of sinking down or moving deeper into the calmness.
Picture yourself at the top of a set of 10 stairs which lead down to a comfortable chair. Each step has a number on it, starting at 10, at the top, where you are standing. With each step down, feel the sensation of deepening, sinking into the calmness.
(This takes a long time, use a very high tree) - Imagine yourself as a leaf at the top of a very tall tree, and a breeze comes along and gently blows you off of the tree. You float down, gently, back and forth, back and forth, all the way down, way down from the top of the tree- gently swaying back and forth, and coming to settle down on the ground gently.
Feeling or sensing the drop is important. When you get to the bottom of the stairs, and sit in your chair, or when you get down to the ground, find a comfortable place to settle in your mind. Then begin to see, sense, imagine, and pretend that you are in the visualization that you created.
Create Imagery- with feelings; utilize the senses, visuals, etc. Recognize in your imagery that everyone benefits. Be in this vision for 2-5 minutes.This will give directions to your subconscious mind to MANIFEST your desires, or change your mind, because the subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between what is real and what you imagine. FEEL GRATITUDE and send it out to the Universe.
Exit with walk back up the stairs intending to be emerged when you get to the top of the stairs or use the 1 up to 5 statements you would use for a client.