Your Assignment: Hypnosis with a PR
1. Practice Objectives
Practice the Coastal 8 Step Hypnosis process you just learned to perform a Hypnosis session with a Progressive Relaxation (PR).
Use some of the vocabulary and positive phrasing that has been recommended.
Test out your PR Session script.
Gather constructive feedback from your practice subject about your style.
In this activity you will use the Physical PR Script to do a Hypnosis session on your practice partner.
Please ask your practice partner to think of a reason they are coming in for hypnosis. Some examples: feeling depressed, trouble sleeping, recent trauma, wants increased confidence, etc.
- Use the Coastal Academy 8 Step Hypnosis Process
- When you get to the PR step, use the “Physical PR” script from the Scripts Pack.
- Focus on being yourself.
- Use a new Health History Questionnaire for each client.
- Use the First Meeting Quick Reference with each client.
- Ask your practice partner for feedback on how they felt during the practice session.
- Make notes so you know what to work on next time.
3. What you will need
You will need:
- A partner to practice with, preferably someone that is comfortable giving you feedback
- These instructions
- Health History Questionnaire
- First Meeting Quick Reference
- Coastal Academy 8 Step Hypnosis Process With Scripts
- “Physical PR” Progressive Relaxation Script
- Session Notes
- Pen and paper
You can download the whole Practice Pack here.
4. Something to think about.....
Now that you have all 8 of the steps to do a hypnosis session with a progressive relaxation, begin to practice as often as you can, using your scripts less and less.
For the practical part of your final examination, you will be required to submit a video of you doing these 8 steps from beginning to end, without paper to assist you. You may want to begin thinking about how you will capture this video and get it uploaded to your computer for submission when the time comes. The sound in your video must be audible to the examiner, so please keep your microphone close enough to you and your client when you are recording.
Have fun practicing!